Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy 4 Years, Babe!

Today is Keith and my four-year wedding anniversary!!

We were sitting in the living room last night when Keith turned to me, looked deep into my eyes and said (with his creepy mustache... Mustache March is an Air Force thing apparently... sigh...), "Four years ago tonight I was the happiest man alive because I was about to marry the love of my life." I know my husband loves me, but it's nice to hear him say things like that.

Then there's this morning when he says, "... think we can make it another 31 so we can be married 35 years?!"... who is this man? Hahaha!

Gone are the days of leaving notes on my car or on the steps so I'll see them on my way out; but I am thankful for the times when he bathes Witten--after working all day--so I can clean up the kitchen... or when he meets Witt and I at the playground straight after work, still in his flight suit, so he can play with his son... or when he takes me to see Phantom of the Opera (which he could care less about) and suffers through the whole thing with about 2 inches of leg room... or when he takes the trash out to the curb at 4am before going to work (they had a really early "show time" last week)... or when he occasionally lets me sleep in and he takes care of Witten in the morning. He is an amazing man, husband, and father. I am so grateful for him and I love him more and more every day. I am happy to love and serve him because I know how much he loves and takes care of me and Witten.

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior” (Ephesians 5:22–23).
Society today has completely butchered the way God instructed wives to "submit" to their husbands. I submit to my husband because I know he has my best interests at heart. He puts my [and Witten's] needs before his. He works hard to provide for our family. He spends time with me. He invests in me. He is striving to love me as Christ loves the church... Christ DIED for the church. When my husband loves me that much, how can I not want to love and serve him?!

Keith,
Thank you for the last four years of marriage! Here's to another 31! ;)
I LOVE YOU!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! We love y'all. :) Lizanne and Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet testimony of your Christ-centered marriage, sweetie. We are so proud of you guys...as husband and wife and as parents. You're providing our grandchildren with a great model to follow. Daddy's little princess has grown up to be an incredible young woman. We love you very much...and Happy B-Day tomorrow. WOW...30 years old!

    ReplyDelete