Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Our Temporary Home

I finally got around to taking pictures of our duplex. My phone doesn't take great pictures, but at least you'll get an idea of what our place looks like. We didn't bring a lot of décor because we didn't know what the space would be like and we'll only be here for a year. Along with a lack of décor, we are lacking furniture for the space we have - we thought what we brought would be plenty to fill our home, but we are having to make do with temporary furniture pieces until my parents come in October and can bring a few more things. :)

This is the entry to the front door (on the left) and the hallway takes you to a 1/2 bath and the laundry room. The coat closet is the one you can see, then there's a linen closet, the door to the garage, and a storage closet that's under the stairwell. 
 
Here is our living room and front door off to the right. To the left (not pictured) is our covered patio that is completely bare. The next couple of times my parents come to visit, they will bring some of our stuff to furnish that area. It will be a great area to hang out once the weather cools a bit! 
 
 
These are our Kitchen and Dining areas. We love the layout of this kitchen compared to our last one. :)
And I particularly love the gas stove. 
 
 
Now, for the upstairs...
 
As you come up the stairs, to the right is the guest bathroom, Witten's room and our guest room/office. This is [obviously] Witten's room. Pretty simple without a ton of wall décor.


For our visitors, a queen bed... in Keith's office. It's nice to be able to have an office for Keith to work and study AND a bed for when our family/friends come to visit! (I still have a couple of things I want to put up on the walls in here.)
 
If you go left after coming up the stairs you will see my little nook (which is chair-less...Mom and Dad will be bringing that as well!) and our room.
 
This is the master bedroom. Please note our lovely TV antenna mounted randomly on the wall - how decoratively convenient that we receive service best with it placed in plain sight and the cord dangling ever so temptingly for Witten. He hasn't noticed it yet (because rarely do we hang out up there), but eventually we may have to do something about that. 

So, what do you think of my nightstand?! Classy, right?
 

Here is little man trying to read his book from Mimi and G. He LOVES this book! 
 

We are very thankful for our living arrangements! God, as always, provided the perfect place for us. We live in a great neighborhood on base and look forward to cooler weather so we can spend more time outside and meet more of our neighbors.

I'll take more pictures of our neighborhood and the base soon! I know how curious some of you are to what the base life is like. I was too before coming here. In the meantime, here's a picture Keith texted me yesterday while they were touring the different airplanes they will be training in. This is a T6, which is the first of 2 airplanes Keith will learn to fly while we're here in Columbus.

Aside from our house - I just got back from my 2nd week of Bible Study at BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). I am SO thankful for this organization and for the local group that meets not even 10 minutes from the Air Force Base here in Columbus. Once again - God is SO great and I'm grateful for this opportunity. I am grateful that the Children's Program leaders love on and pray for Witten while I meet with other women to dig deep into the Word. This year we are studying Matthew and I have already learned a lot. It's amazing how God can teach you different things even though you're already read the passage/book before. He's revealing things to me now that are applicable and relevant to my current life situation of being a stay-at-home wife and mother. I love having the structure of what to read/study each day, detailed notes, thought provoking questions, well delivered lecture, encouragement from my small group ladies and leader, accountability, and support from other women in similar and different stages of life! It's an intensive study and one that will challenge me a lot, but I am excited for the challenge and ready for all God has to teach me this year!
BSF meets all over the world - men and women - day and night classes. If you're interested and want more information, let me know or check out the website... www.bsfinternational.org

Have a great day!!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed BSF the one year I participated and Kyla LOVED it! I am in that akward stage of having a school age kiddo and a toddler. I am glad you found a place to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, do I need to rent a U-Haul?! Can't wait to get there. Daddy loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture of Keith in his flight outfit!! So proud of him. :) Counting down the days till we head your way! Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics and descriptions- love the picture of Keith too! Love those flying suits! Lacey is also in the BSF here for the first time. Y'all could compare notes! Love you girl!! Go Cowboys!!

    ReplyDelete